Innovations in solution-based design techniques that address social problems.
- Design Thinking by Thomas Both
An SSIR article that speaks to how human-centered and systems-thinking methods can work in conjunction to address social challenges.
- Leading Systems Change by Heather McLeod Grant & Adene Sacks
An SSIR article that speaks to how to create and sustain community engagement over time.
- Locally-driven, Network-Supported Systems Change by English Sall & Jeffrey C. Walker
An SSIR article that speaks to the idea that both top-down and bottom-up leadership is needed to solve complex social challenges.
- SSIR’s Guide to Design Thinking, 10 Years Later by SSIR Editors
An SSIR article that speaks to offers an update of design thinking concepts.
A community of practitioners offering actionable insight to other practitioners: their motto: “by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs”.
- Resources by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs.
- Insight Report: How Social Entrepreneurs Create Systems Change.
A center of a growing movement that considers local assets as the primary building blocks of sustainable community development.
- Workshops in training and capacity building on asset-based community development
The brilliant work of John L. McKnight and John P. Kretzmann that demonstrates that community assets are essential building blocks to sustainable community improvement efforts. While initially having a US focus, ABCD and the Peace Corp have found this approach to be on target for marginalized communities globally.
- Training guides and publications downloads
A range of resources are provided to help you get started in implementing asset-based community development.
- Toolkits, videos, podcast and current blog
Helpful current reporting on what is happening nationally and internationally with ABCD.
WWK focuses on changing community systems and improving gender equality through women's economic empowerment. We work with a community focus in collaboration with local leadership to end generational poverty by providing the tools and skills for women who have been continually denied the ability to make strategic life choices so that they can thrive economically and in every aspect that will bring about a better life.