Poverty is not all about money. It is also about deprivations in education, safe water, electricity, health care and sanitation. In 2½ minutes, this video below from The World Bank Group introduces you to poverty and its varied forms.
An innovative, national campaign working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy.
- Ways to advocate to right the wrong of global poverty.
- Ways to build awareness of global poverty.
- Poverty in context.
- A relevant blog on current and diverse poverty issues.
Here you will always find interesting and topical stories on a range of issues pertaining to global poverty.
- The Good News Magazine features business and new markets, politics, celebrities in the work, technology and the world
Another well-organized, always interesting resource of The Borgen Project that covers stories on global poverty and humanitarian issues.
Among the many global issues that cannot be resolved by any one country acting alone, this UN site focuses on ending poverty in the context of the 17 Sustainable Development goals (SDGs).
- Poverty Facts and Figures.
- Poverty in the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
From the view of all 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN, this is one of myriad UN websites focused on peace, dignity, equality and on a healthy planet.
- UN System: focal point for the UN Decade of the Eradication of Poverty
This site places an historic lens on the work to fight poverty. It speaks to the UN resolution in which the General Assembly proclaimed the Third UN Decade for Eradication of Poverty (2018-2027) to “accelerate global actions for a world without poverty.
- Links to SDGs, Multidimensional Poverty Index World Bank, International Day of Poverty Eradication
These links inform you of the continuing and current global effort to educate on the scope and breadth of global poverty.
The WB mission is to end extreme poverty & promote shared prosperity.
- Current web pages on the context, strategy and result of global poverty.
- How WB measures poverty
As the WB does best, this site presents a clear and current explanation of which poverty reduction strategies work and which have not so to understand how we can best be on track to return to the progress we were making prior to COVID-19.
- Systematic Country Diagnostics in progress.
- COVID-19 dashboard: high-frequency monitoring to track impact
A sub-linked site with what the WB is doing to contain the global spread and impact of COVID-19, including data sets on the impact on GDP and vaccine readiness.
- Poverty & Equity Data Bank
Especially relevant to historical context and present monitoring, evaluation and learning, this website easily allows one to explore data and indicators based on different poverty lines, regions and countries.
- Publications on trends poverty trends.
- The Poverty Podcast
Specialists in understanding the complexities of global poverty explore the latest research and data on poverty reduction, shared prosperity and equity around the world.
Campaigns for a fairer sharing of wealth, power and resources within and between nations.
- Studies, books, editorial, publications, and activities on the principle of sharing.
- What, Why and How of sharing the world resources.
- Blog filtered by topics that include poverty, inequality, environment, agriculture, global governance and people’s movements
Monthly posts focused on the current issues of the day as they pertain to all aspects relevant to poverty, inequality, and diverse development and humanitarian matters.
A non-profit fighting devastating misconceptions of poverty with a fact-based worldview everyone can understand.
- Extreme poverty data documentation.
- Dollar Street: The reality behind the data.
Photos and videos of real families (428 families in 66 countries!) around the world living in poverty as a way to open our eyes to the reality behind the words and data.
- Understanding the changing world (income, maps, trends, ranks, ages).
- Life at the four global income levels
A brilliant structure to counter the preconceived ideas we all have about poverty by the possiblist Hans Rosling.
- 2020 Sustainable development misconception study
Try this 18 question test to capture your understanding, or misunderstanding about the world!
The international organization for public private cooperation.
- Global Gender Gap Report 2021
An annual report published by the WEF that benchmarks the evolution of gender-based gaps among four key dimensions (Economic Participation and Opportunity, Educational Attainment, Health and Survival, and Political Empowerment) and tracks progress towards closing these gaps over time.
- Articles on a full range of global issues, industry, and economies by country.
- WEF Agenda Dialogues Podcast
Top-level talks on the world’s most significant issues, hosted by Forum President Borge Brende.
DI works with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty.
- Tracking progress of the poorest people
An interactive tool using near real-time data provides an inside view of poverty targeting, sector targeting and overall commitments and disbursements of aid and other global development finance.
- Inspiring action on malnutrition.
- Data to support disability inclusion.
- Improvements to evidence in nutrition.
- International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI)
For more than a decade this open source data platform—using a set of rules and guidance for useful data and transparent information published by organizations, governments, UN agencies, NGOs and the private sector—is a resource to understand how development and humanitarian resources are being used and the results achieved.
WWK recognizes the complexity of poverty and the need for relative measures that include both quantitive and qualitative data, as well as home visits in both our enrollment criteria and in our system for monitoring, evaluation and learning.