An awareness-based action research community (researchers and practitioners) for profound societal innovation and change.
- Programs including the online u.lab, U.Acadmy, and Digital Leadership Academy.
- Social Field Research opportunities.
- Membership, discussion board and coaching circles.
- The Field of the Future Blog
A fascinating blog on medium.com has frequent posts on a variety of aspects of awareness based research that indeed does slow us down to listen more deeply, with the intent to move forward social innovation and change.
Building a movement where inner work, mindfulness and personal transformation drive social innovation and systemic change.
- Links to organizations integrating contemplative practices and mindfulness into social change
In an effort to build a movement, leaders, visionaries and stakeholders also working in this space are shared for a deeper understanding of this mindful approach to systems change.
- Relevant studies, mindful practices, measurement tools
Many paths for you to immerse yourself in this way of engaging in inner work to drive social change.
- Courses, workshops and consulting services
A variety of ways to engage in using mindfulness as a design tool for social change.
- Conscious Social Change Design Framework
Listen to Gretchen Ki Steidle, Founder of CCC TedX talk and take in the the principles of conscious social change to benefit from how personal transformation can greatly be of service social transformation.
Focused on catalyzing a culture of inner well-being for all changemakers. Wellbeing inspires well doing.
- Model programs for individuals and organizations
- Global and regional learning communities
The Wellbeing, Innovation, and Social Change in Education (WISE) Network offers a diverse group of institutions and organizations committed to catalyze a culture of inner wellbeing for social change.
- Series of webinars, articles and research
Current resources for you to further your immersion and personal journey to inner and social wellbeing.
Joanna Macy PhD is a scholar of buddhism, systems thinking and deep ecology. A respected voice in movements for peace, justice and ecology, she interweaves her scholarship with learnings from six decades of activism.
- The Work That Connects, also known as Deep Ecology Work, is a non-linear view of reality. It illuminates the mutuality at play in self-organizing systems, and unleashes the power of reciprocity.
- To share to further her work with others, and “to participate in the dance of life with senses to perceive it, lungs that breathe it, organs that draw nourishment from it,” the site provides book titles by Joanna Macy and books she recommends.
WWK is in talks with Global Grassroots to engage in their programming for marginalized women to initiate mindful social change in their communities. We also hope to work with the Global Grassroots team to initiate social-purpose water enterprises to address the multitude of issues facing women and girls.